Police Officer Lateral
The Shepherdsville Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer – Lateral. Applications may be picked up from March 06, 2023 to March 31, 2023 at the Shepherdsville Police Department, 634 Conestoga Parkway, Shepherdsville, Kentucky or downloaded from www.sheppolice.com. Applicants must be 21 years of age, H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. Applicants must have three (3) years post-academy experience. Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony or have any criminal action actively being prosecuted. Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on an individual basis. Filing deadline is at 4PM May 12. EOE
Shepherdsville Police Department
- Competitive wage with longevity scale. 10 year Officer starts $30.40 before KLEFPF. Starting based on number of years POP’s certified up to 10 years.
- Thirteen holidays every year paid to Officer by hours that can be used during the year.
- Paid Time off earned at one day per month, hours determined by scheduled hours worked.
- Competitive vacation hours based on length of service with city.
- Health, Dental and Eye coverage at low monthly rate for Family.
- City provided limited life Insurance.
The Shepherdsville Police Department wants you to be successful in our selection process. Below are recommended tools to help you be prepared.
Oral Interview Preparation
The oral interview panel will consist of three sworn panel members. First impressions are important. It is suggested that you be well groomed and wear professional business attire. Suggested Areas of Preparation
- Visit our Department’s website at www.sheppolice.com
- Speak with Police Officers/Sheriff’s Deputies
- Law Enforcement preparation guides
- College level Criminal Justice Classes
- Be Physically Fit
Areas of Evaluation
- Your Appearance, Grooming, Attire
- Your interest in the position
- Communication Skills (oral expression, eye contact, speech clarity, vocabulary)
- Performance under stress
- Common sense / problem solving skills
- Qualities- Ethical, honest, dependable, and mature. Possess integrity, moral courage, a strong work ethic, loyalty and devotion.
Possible Areas of Questioning
- What in your life has prepared you for a career in law enforcement?
- Why do you want to be a Shepherdsville Police Officer?
- Department knowledge
- Situational/Scenario Questions
Things to Remember
- Be polite and courteous
- Make eye contact
- Take time to think before you speak
For more information on how to get started, contact us at 502-921-1000.
Recruit application deadline is August 31, 2023.