The Shepherdsville Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer – Recruit. Applications may be picked up from June 25, 2018 through July 13, 2018 at the Shepherdsville Police Department, 634 Conestoga Parkway, Shepherdsville, Kentucky or downloaded from www.sheppolice.com . Applicants must be 21 years of age, H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. Must not have been convicted of a felony or have any criminal action actively being prosecuted. Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on an individual basis. Filing deadline is at the close of business on July 13, 2018. EOE
The Shepherdsville Police Department wants you to be successful in our selection process. Below are recommended tools to help you be prepared.
Oral Interview Preparation
The oral interview panel will consist of three sworn panel members. First impressions are important. It is suggested that you be well groomed and wear professional business attire. Suggested Areas of Preparation
- Visit our Department’s website at www.sheppolice.com
- Speak with Police Officers/Sheriff’s Deputies
- Law Enforcement preparation guides
- College level Criminal Justice Classes
- Be Physically Fit
Areas of Evaluation
- Your Appearance, Grooming, Attire
- Your interest in the position
- Communication Skills (oral expression, eye contact, speech clarity, vocabulary)
- Performance under stress
- Common sense / problem solving skills
- Qualities- Ethical, honest, dependable, and mature. Possess integrity, moral courage, a strong work ethic, loyalty and devotion.
Possible Areas of Questioning
- What in your life has prepared you for a career in law enforcement?
- Why do you want to be a Shepherdsville Police Officer?
- Department knowledge
- Situational/Scenario Questions
Things to Remember
- Be polite and courteous
- Make eye contact
- Take time to think before you speak
For more information on how to get started, contact us at 502-921-1000.